Thursday, October 20, 2011

Oreo Football Cookies

Oreo football cookies. 
Yum. 
the mr did not want a birthday cake this year, remember? [i had planned on making him a football cake]
I was trying to decide what to do when I remembered he'd been craving homemade Oreo's. 
So I figured I'd make the oreos into footballs!

Instead of rolling the dough into balls, I tried shaping them into footballs, but when they cooked, they flattened, and just looked like round cookies.

Then I used the palms of my hands, rolled them, like making a worm, and pinched the edges. 

Grab your cream cheese frosting, now it's time for the laces.
I put the frosting in a ziploc bag, pushed it all to one corner and cut the very tip of the bag off.
easy huh!
look how cute they are!!
[okay some are messy but i was in big hurry]
that's better :)
Since the first batch turned out pretty round, I used all of them for the bottoms, then put the good looking ones on top
i could really go for one right now, you?

turns out it was a perfect alternative to a birthday cake! [which he wouldn't have eaten the cake anyway, so then I feel like i have to eat it so it doesn't go to waste, which I shouldn't be eating...anyway, it was a win-win]

Wouldn't these be fun for a football party?!

Superbowl in feb?! 

Yeah, they'd be a hit!
:)

Here's the oreo recipe:

1 box of Devil's Food Cake Mix
2/3 cup of butter flavored crisco 
2 eggs 
Cream Cheese frosting

Mix it all together. Roll into balls [or footballs]!
 Bake at  350 for 10-12 Mins.



14 comments:

carla said...

love these! arrived via pinterest. any recollection how many single cookies this recipe yields? thanks in advance!

Hilary said...

It was about 2 dozen :)

Cynthia said...

Hi--

Question, do you use the eggs and Crisco instead of following the recipe on the box or do you follow the box AND use the Crisco and eggs? Thank you!

Unknown said...

Same question! Thanks! :)

Hilary said...

Yes, use the eggs and crisco instead of following the recipe on the box

Anonymous said...

Very cute!! Thanks for sharing!! Making these now for superbowl tomorrow :)

LovelyNB said...

The cream cheese frosting -that's just for the decoration and inside of the cookie right? Or also in the devil's cake mix? Thanks for clarifying!

Anonymous said...

We just made these today and yes, no frosting went in the cake mix. And ours turned out good :)

sue said...

I have made these before & very super Yummy!

Dawn Arana said...

These are very cute, but I'm a little confused! Don't you put Oreo's in them?! They're not in the recipe! Am I missing something?!



Hilary said...

They're "homemade Oreo's"! These just happened to be shaped like footballs which is really fun! And trust me, they're even better than the real thing! ;)

Valerie Medlin said...

Hey! I made these and they didnt seem to cook right..they spread out and basically turned into huge blobs of dough..i put everything into the mix including the icing??any ideas??

Anonymous said...

So no frosting in making the cookies. Just cake mix, eggs, and Crisco right???

Anonymous said...

Can I use any kind of butter? Thanks

Post a Comment